One of the key ingredients used in our product, Relaxium Sleep is Valerest. Valerest combines many ingredients meant to promote better relaxation and sleep.
Understanding the ingredients in supplements is important. This is why we have been creating blogs specifically highlighting ingredients contained in our products.
This provides clarity to our users. Some sleep aids add ingredients that can lead to habit-forming and dependence. This is something that doesn’t need to be worried about with Relaxium Sleep, or other Relaxium products. Our products are both drug-free and non-habit-forming.
So allow us to inform you about Valerian.
What is Valerian?
Valerian is a type of plant. The root of Valerian was specifically used to provide a natural remedy for insomnia and anxiety. This is due to its ability to produce calming effects on the body.
Most popularly used in Europe and Asia, the herb was used medicinally. Crushing the root to be exact.
How can Valerian help promote better sleep?
Valerian is good for sleep because it helps to increase levels of GABA. GABA stands for gamma-aminobutyric acid, it is a neurotransmitter. Valerian root contains compounds referred to as valerenic acid, and valerenol. Both are said to enhance the calming effects of GABA.
GABA is known for also having calming effects. It affects the nervous system in such a way that is known for reducing feelings of anxiety while also promoting relaxation.
With the wide presence of sleep disorders in the world, a study was created to study the extract of Valerian and its effects on insomnia. This study from the National Institute of Health cited insomnia’s effect on one-third of the adult population.
Insomnia is a sleep disorder where a person struggles to fall asleep at night, and if awoken, struggles to fall back asleep. The controlled study concluded with a number of different results. There were two groups, one took Valerian, and the other took a placebo. “…the use of valerian was found to almost double the chance of sleeping better when compared with placebo…”
The different ways Valerian can be utilized
There are a couple of different ways to use valerian.
- Capsules and tablets: One of the more popular ways to consume, valerian root extract can be found in capsule or tablet form.
- Tea: The utilization of the root is also noted when making valerian tea. The dried root is placed in hot water and then consumed.
- Tincture: After steeping the root of valerian in water, a valerian tincture is made and advised to take in small doses.
- Essential oil: Like many other oils, valerian essential oil can be placed in an air diffuser or even a bath to promote better sleep and relaxation.
While all of these can be done, allow us to highlight our very own, Relaxium Sleep. Relaxium Sleep is composed of many different ingredients; all used to promote sleep and relaxation. These include:
- Valerest®: An exclusive to Relaxium®, Valerest helps to induce safe sleep.
- Ashwagandha: A plant known to have an impact on stress, promoting better relaxation and sleep.
- Magnesium citrate, glycinate, oxide: Magnesium, like Valerian, also increases levels of GABA. The usage of magnesium in this product helps to relax the muscles.
- L-Tryptophan: An amino acid that includes two main biomolecules that help to provide better sleep by transmitting serotonin, and melatonin to the body.
- Melatonin: The natural sleep hormone, melatonin is a very popular ingredient used in sleep aids.
- Chamomile extract: Known to have a sedative effect, chamomile is very effective in terms of better sleep. The source of chamomile found in Relaxium Sleep is of the highest-quality source.
- Passionflower extract: Once again, another ingredient that can help produce levels of GABA in the body. Passionflower is an ancient anti-stress remedy that helps to combat everyday anxiety by regulating neurotransmitters in the brain that control mood and sleep.
- GABA: We’ve mentioned it plenty in this blog, but GABA is a neurotransmitter that is great for relieving feelings of anxiety. This in turn helps to promote better sleep and relaxation.
Combined together is what makes Relaxium Sleep such an effective supplement. It is designed to help you fall asleep faster, stay asleep longer, and have you waking up feeling refreshed and alert.
How to know when a supplement may be useful?
Due to the great importance of sleep, there are signs that can lead to the implementation of a sleep aid. Symptoms that can come that may prove the needed effects of a sleep aid include:
- Daytime drowsiness
- Increased stress
- Low levels of energy
- Mood fluctuation
- Trouble staying asleep
- Drowsiness after a full night’s sleep
All of these and more may prove that a sleep supplement like Relaxium Sleep should be added to your bedtime routine. This should not come as a surprise seeing that millions of Americans struggle with sleep disorders.
This is why we are here. Relaxium was developed by Clinical Neurologist and sleep expert, Dr. Eric Ciliberti. The goal of Relaxium Sleep was to provide those that struggle with a safe, effective, and affordable sleep supplement.
Sleep affects everyday life, and it is a luxury that can be difficult to come by. The world can be stressful which can make it that much more difficult to attain a consistent sleep schedule. This is what we know we can help with.
Consider Relaxium Sleep Today
We hope that this deep dive into Valerian as well as listing all of the other ingredients inside our supplement has provided you with more clarity.
Relaxium offers a number of safe and effective supplements that aid in the categories of sleep, calm, focus, and immunity. Created by Clinical Neurologist and Sleep Expert, Dr. Eric Ciliberti, TryRelaxium.com offers a 30-day risk-free trial of the product to allow our users to truly experience its effects. To try a product today visit our website for more information.
To restful and healthy days ahead.
The Relaxium Team
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.