With the craziness that comes with summer, we must remember the importance of sleep. Disturbances from sound and sight can create a rough night’s sleep so only consider the best.
Many different factors can influence sleep:
- Temperature: The human body experiences better sleep in cooler environments. Heat can result in the tossing and turning of sheets and clothes, disrupting sleep.
- Noise: External noises such as a snoring partner, traffic, or construction can affect sleep at night.
- Light: The presence of light influences the wake in the sleep-wake cycle. When darkness is not prominent, disturbances can occur.
- Stress: Stress and emotional factors can disrupt sleeping patterns due to feelings of worry or anxiety, making falling asleep much more difficult.
- Lifestyle: Certain lifestyle choices such as drinking caffeine or alcohol can seriously impact sleep patterns, making falling asleep much more difficult.
We are going to focus on noise. Noise can heavily influence the quality of sleep.
Noise-canceling headphones can make a significant difference in efforts to fall asleep, so we are going to list our top 5 picks!
Before we dive in, consider an add-on for better sleep like a sleep supplement! Relaxium Sleep offers a sleep supplement designed to help you fall asleep faster, stay asleep longer, and have you waking up feeling refreshed and alert. This supplement alongside some noise-canceling headphones could be just what you need!
5 of the best noise-canceling headphones
What makes a good noise-canceling headphone? Well, there are many different factors to consider. These include:
- Sound quality: The most important feature of headphones is sound quality. A good pair will provide a balanced sound with good bass and a rich midrange.
- Comfort and fit: Especially in the case of sleep, comfort and fit are crucial to consider as you must feel comfortable sleeping with the headphones in.
- Battery life: Since you may be using these for long periods of time, battery life is important considering you will want the features of the headphones to last.
- Active noise cancellation performance: The second, if not the most important part of noise canceling headphones is the noise canceling performance. Models with strong ANC capabilities are what you need to look for.
- Connectivity and controls: Simple controls for easy operation are another feature you should look for in headphones.
Knowing this, let’s delve into some of the best noise-canceling headphones.
#1 Sony WH-1000XM5 Wireless Noise-Canceling Headphones
This product has come first from its many recommendations online. In general, Sony has been famous for their technology for decades. The reason we chose these headphones is for their notable features.
The specs of the headphones include:
- 30-millimeter audio drivers, Hi-Res Audio support (wired and wireless)
- Bluetooth 5.2 connectivity
- Up to 30 hours of battery life
There are different color options which include black, midnight blue, and silver. The USB-C charger is even faster and “you can get 3 hours of playback after only 3 minutes.”
#2 Bose Noise-Canceling Headphones 700
To start off with the most notable specs, the Bose noise-canceling headphones 700 have:
- Battery life of 20 hours
- Weighs .55 lb
The headphones are wireless, but still providing you with a headphone jack is necessary. Its noise canceling feature is also fantastic with 11 levels available. There will be no worry about other sounds interfering with a phone call.
The design is sleek and the headphones possess a soft cushioning ear cup for comfort.
#3 Sony WF-1000XM4
This pair is different than the headphones listed above as these are earbuds. Now the difference here is going to be more comfortable. The notable specs of these earbuds are:
- Battery life of 12 hours
- Bluetooth 5.2 connectivity
- 6-millimeter audio drivers, Hi-Res audio support
Even though these are not structured headphones, as shown above, they still provide a noise-canceling feature optimal for sleep and restfulness.
These kinds of earbuds may come as more relief since you are able to toss and turn without damaging the headphones.
#4 JBL Tour ONE Wireless Noise-Canceling Headphones
Another classic headphone, the JBL Tour ONE Wireless Noise-Canceling headphones is a notable product for many reasons.
Some impressive specs include:
- Up to 50 hours of battery life
- Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity
- 40-millimeter audio drivers, Hi-Res Audio support (wired)
Like the others, JBL Tour ONE headphones also have excellent active noise cancellation technology. The sound quality is fantastic and also features Bluetooth for convenience. With their outstanding battery life, these headphones are reliable for those who are using them for sleeping purposes.
#5 Apple AirPods Max
A very popular product as of late, like other Apple products. Apple has released a new set of headphones that has caught the attention of many.
Some of its notable specs include:
- Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity
- Proprietary audio drivers with spatial audio support
- Up to 20 hours of battery life
This headphone has a very sleek and comfortable design, with many different colors to choose from. Besides its visually appealing design and comfortability, the product also possesses stellar noise cancellation and can even connect to other Apple devices through iCloud.
Sleeping with headphones
Though we are discussing what headphones may be best for sleep, understand that this technique may come with complications. If you are a very active sleeper, headphones may fall off or get damaged. Be sure to consider every factor before sleeping with headphones.
Not only would any of these headphones be good for sleep, but also for daily life. The investment in an excellent set of headphones can provide more benefits than you may realize! Be sure to do your own research and find what suits you best.
Relaxium offers a number of safe and effective supplements that aid in the categories of sleep, calm, focus, and immunity. Created by Clinical Neurologist, Dr. Eric Ciliberti, TryRelaxium.com offers a 30-day Money Back Guarantee trial of Relaxium Sleep to allow our users to truly experience its effects. To try the product today visit our website for more information.
To restful and healthy days ahead.
The Relaxium Team
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.