Discover natural ways to improve your sleep quality and achieve restful nights. Explore the benefits of teas, exercise, and other effective methods to learn how to sleep better at night naturally. Find practical tips and techniques in this comprehensive guide for a rejuvenating and peaceful sleep.
For some, sleep comes easily, unfortunately for others, this is not true. In fact, sleep can be a real challenge. Many different factors impact sleep. These can include:
- Lifestyle habits: Choices made each day play a role in the amount of sleep you have at night. This includes things like drinking too much caffeine, consuming large amounts of alcohol before bed, and even smoking. These sorts of lifestyle habits can prolong the falling asleep process.
- Stress and anxiety: Stress and anxiety can also delay the process of falling asleep. Worries, racing thoughts, and an overactive mind can prove to keep a person up at night.
- Environmental factors: Where you sleep each night will play a huge role in your comfort, determining how fast you fall asleep. Temperature, lights, noise, and furniture will all play a role in how easily you will fall asleep at night.
- Medical conditions: Medical conditions can also affect the quality of sleep you have. For example, chronic pain, hormonal imbalances, and respiratory problems can result in unpleasant symptoms, affecting sleep.
- Electronic devices: We are all guilty of it. Playing or scrolling on technology before bed is very damaging to the sleep schedule. It is best to stay off of your phone at least 30 minutes before bed to avoid stimulating the brain.
- Age: Older adults tend to experience more frequent awakenings during the night, which can make falling back asleep difficult.
- Sleep disorders: Different sleep disorders such as restless leg syndrome, insomnia, and sleep apnea can possess symptoms that disrupt sleep, making a restful night’s sleep difficult.
- Mental health: Mental health disorders can impact sleep quality, leading to sleep disorders such as insomnia, therefore affecting sleep.
- Work schedules: Not everyone works a 9-5. Night shifts can seriously affect the body’s circadian rhythm, therefore making establishing a consistent sleep pattern much more difficult. Not to mention if you travel for work, jet lag can make sleep very difficult.
How can I achieve restful sleep naturally?
Considering how difficult sleep can be to attain for a multitude of reasons, achieving restful sleep is necessary. There are many different ways to do this but we are going to cover some of the most natural ways to do so.
Natural ways to improve sleep include:
- Creating a sleep-friendly environment
- Establishing a consistent sleep schedule
- Creating a bedtime routine
- Herbal teas and natural supplements
- Exercising regularly
- Managing stress
Creating a sleep-friendly environment
This is a crucial step if seeking to achieve restful, quality sleep. Consider how you feel when you enter a room or environment that is completely unorganized. Most likely you are not going to feel relaxed, but rather, stressed.
A comfortable and soothing sleep environment can help to signal to the body that it is time to start relaxing and preparing for sleep.
Try to keep your room cool, dark, and quiet.
Establish a consistent sleep schedule
Establishing a sleep schedule is very beneficial for sleep. This is because when a routine is formed each day, the body will start to form a pattern. Your circadian rhythm, otherwise referred to as your internal clock will be organized.
So for example, try to form a pattern like falling asleep at 10 p.m. each day and then waking up at 7 a.m.
Creating a bedtime routine
Creating a routine before bed will help to signal to the body that it is time to unwind and relax. Some common activities for a practice like this include:
- Taking a warm bath
- Listening to calming music
- Reading a book
- Doing light exercise
Pick something you are interested in and implement it into your routine.
Herbal teas and natural supplements
Herbal teas have been used for centuries to help promote sleep and prevent illness. This is because herbal teas contain herbs that have calming effects. Common herbal teas to consider include:
- Lavender tea
- Chamomile tea
- Lemon balm tea
- Peppermint tea
- Valerian root tea
Supplements can also be very beneficial for sleep. For example, Relaxium Sleep. Relaxium Sleep is a drug-free and effective supplement compiled of ingredients meant to help you fall asleep faster, stay asleep longer, and have you waking up feeling refreshed and alert.
Exercise helps to exhaust the body. This is a great practice for the promotion of better sleep. One thing to keep in mind is to avoid intense exercise before bed as it may increase alertness. If you are struggling to sleep try to keep it light.
Change up your workout routine to activities you enjoy. This will keep you from getting bored and can increase motivation.
Chronic stress is very damaging to sleep. To manage stress, find relaxation techniques you enjoy. Some popular examples of this include:
- Deep breathing
Include these natural tips in your schedule for the best sleep
We need sleep for the betterment of our physical and mental health. To ensure that you get the appropriate amount of sleep each night, consider these tips.
Relaxium offers a number of safe and effective supplements that aid in the categories of sleep, calm, focus, and immunity. Created by Clinical Neurologist, Dr. Eric Ciliberti, TryRelaxium.com offers a 30-day Money Back Guarantee trial of Relaxium Sleep to allow our users to truly experience its effects. To try the product today visit our website for more information.
To restful and healthy days ahead.
The Relaxium Team
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.