Discover the power of GABA and its role in promoting healthy sleep and relaxation. Find out how to use sleep aids with GABA for easier, more restful sleep.
Sleep can be elusive, especially when your mind won’t turn off and the stress of day-to-day life keeps you up at night. There are many sleep aids on the market, but ingredients are key. Relaxium utilizes a handful of ingredients meant to promote sleep; GABA is one of them.
GABA, a naturally occurring amino acid in your brain, is a powerful sleep aid that plays an important role in promoting healthy sleep and relaxation. Discover how GABA can help you get better rest and explore ways to use it for easier, more restful sleep.
What is GABA?
GABA stands for gamma-aminobutyric acid and is an amino acid produced naturally in the brain. It works as a neurotransmitter by regulating neuronal excitability within your body, modulating the stress response, and calming the brain. Additionally, it helps induce relaxation and improve sleep quality, essential components of good mental health.
GABA was first discovered in 1950 by American neuroscientist, Eugene Roberts. GABA was found when a substance from brain tissue was isolated. The result of this was an inhibitory effect on the nervous system. This was later called GABA.
What does GABA do in the brain?
GABA plays a critical role in maintaining balance in the brain. It is involved in communication between the neurons, acting as an inhibitor of nerve transmission which helps to calm down excited signals from other neurons. Reducing the activity of overactive neurons can help support a healthy sleep-wake cycle, allowing us to fall asleep easier and stay asleep longer.
GABA has also been said to:
- Regulate muscle tone: GABA has been found to help prevent muscle spasms and cramps.
- Reduce anxiety: GABA is believed to have relaxing properties. Sometimes referred to as the brain’s natural claiming agent, GABA is said to help reduce feelings of anxiety.
- Promote better sleep: Due to its ability to promote feelings of calmness and relaxation, it has been known to help promote better and more restorative sleep.
- Help mood disorders: Interestingly, some mood disorders have shown lower levels of GABA. There are medications for these mood disorders that use ingredients to help increase GABA activity in the brain.
A pattern has been shown to suggest a lower presence of GABA and sleeping disorders. One in particular that we will soon reference deals with insomnia. Insomnia is a study where one will struggle to fall asleep and if awoken, struggle to fall back asleep. One study about GABA and its presence in the body showed that those who suffered from insomnia had levels almost 30% lower than those who do not suffer from any sleeping disorders.
How can GABA help my sleep quality?
GABA helps promote healthy and restorative sleep by calming the mind and body. This can be especially beneficial for people with difficulty sleeping due to anxiousness or stress. By taking GABA before bedtime, you may experience a deeper, more restful sleep and wake up feeling refreshed and energized in the morning.
- Promotes relaxation: As stated before, GABA is efficient in creating calming and relaxing feelings. The more relaxed you are, the better you will sleep. The slowing of excited neurotransmitters is also beneficial for sleep.
- Increases slow-wave sleep: The slow-wave sleep is the deepest stage of sleep. The brain is most restorative during this stage as well. GABAergic drugs have been known to help increase GABA activity, which helps those with sleep disorders.
- Helps to regulate the circadian rhythm: Circadian rhythm is the 24-hour internal clock that our sleep-wake cycle adheres to. GABA helps to regulate the rhythm with its effectiveness concerning neurons in the brain. There are fewer distractions due to a more peaceful sleep.
Can you increase GABA levels?
You may have already guessed, but yes, you can increase levels of GABA. How? Well, improving lifestyle is a great way to naturally increase levels of GABA. Exercise is one of the best ways to do so. You can also practice yoga, breathing exercises, and even breathing techniques to help increase GABA levels.
One of Relaxium’s key ingredients
At Relaxium, we know that millions of Americans struggle to sleep. Whether it be due to a sleep disorder or other reasons, it is an epidemic that has resulted in the need for extra help before sleep. This is why we have developed safe, effective, and affordable supplements to help with issues such as this.
One product in particular, Relaxium Sleep is a safe and effective way to help improve sleep. This supplement was designed to help you fall asleep faster, stay asleep longer, and have you waking up feeling more refreshed and alert.
GABA is a key ingredient used in Relaxium Sleep. 100 mg of GABA is utilized in the supplement. We value the importance of low cortisol levels, i.e., stress. GABA helps to keep those stress levels low.
Understanding sleep aid products, one ingredient at a time
By understanding each ingredient in a sleep aid, better decisions can be made. In our case, we proudly show each ingredient we use as well as provide the strategy as to why they are used. We hope that this has been an informational read and we hope this helps to give you more insight into an ingredient commonly used.
Relaxium offers a number of safe and effective supplements that aid in the categories of sleep, calm, focus, and immunity. Created by clinical neurologist and sleep expert, Dr. Eric Ciliberti, TryRelaxium.com offers a 30-day Money Back Guarantee trial of Relaxium Sleep to allow our users to truly experience its effects. To try the product today visit our website for more information.
To restful and healthy days ahead.
The Relaxium Team
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.